'to walk away' means to leave an unpleasant situation that is difficult to deal with.
- You are responsible for this. You can't just walk away.
- Don't get involved in an argument. Just walk away.
'to walk in on' means to enter a room when someone is doing something private or personal.
- They were whispering. I think I walked in on a private conversation.
- He walked in on me when I was getting changed in my office.
'to walk into' means to unexpectedly get involved in something, usually unpleasant.
- I really didn't see this coming. I just walked straight into it.
- I didn't realise I was just walking into a trap. He planned it beautifully.
'to walk into' can also mean to get a job very easily.
- After university, he just walked into a very good job in the bank.
- Thanks to her father and his connections, she walked into a very well paid job.
'to walk something off' means to go for a walk to stop having unpleasant or angry feelings.
- The best thing to do was to go out and walk off my bad mood.
- I had a terrible headache but managed to walk it off.
'to walk off with' means to take something without permission or without paying for it.
- When they evacuated the shop, customers walked off with lots of things.
- Kate has just walked off with my sweater and new boots. She's always doing that.
'to walk out' means to leave a meeting or performance before the end to show displeasure.
- He just walked out half way through and left us sitting there.
- Some of the audience walked out during the play, they weren't enjoying it at all.
'to walk out' can also mean workers suddenly go on strike.
- All the technicians in production walked out in support of their pay claim.
- The drivers walked out when they heard that one of them had been sacked.
'to walk out on' means to leave someone you have a close relationship with.
- His girlfriend walked out on him after a big argument about money.
- My father walked out on us when I was very young.
'to walk over' means to treat someone very badly, especially by telling you what to do all the time.
- He just walks all over her. He does just as he pleases.
- He lets her walk all over him. He never says no to her.